Spaghetti alla Carbonara
1 pound dry spaghetti
4 ounces panchetta or slab bacon cubed or sliced into small
pieces. Or after cooking.
2 large eggs
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano plus more for serving
chopped sun dried tomatoes (optional)
Fresh ground black pepper
1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped (in my opinion this is
- While cooking the spaghetti prepare the sauce -
- In a frying pan cook the meat until rendered.
- Drain the spaghetti.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes to the frying pan. Garlic will
become bitter if over cooked. Just heat it.
- Dump the stuff from the frying pan into the drained spaghetti
and stir until mixed.
- In a small bowl whip up the eggs and add the cheese
- Toss in the egg/cheese mixture and stir it up to get the
spaghetti well coated.
- Before serving add some pepper and maybe some salt. Or at
Serve with more cheese and the parsley on top. Yum!
It is important to add the bacon/garlic in one step and the
egg/cheese in another step.
I make a half recipe.